Best LASIK Eye Specialists Lebanon, PA
Voted Best of Berks—
eight years in a row!
A LASIK eye specialist (LASIK surgeon) is a medical professional who specializes in performing refractive procedures for vision correction. One of these is LASIK eye surgery, short for Laser-Assisted in situ Keratomileusis. LASIK is a popular and effective surgical procedure used to correct various vision problems like nearsightedness (myopia), farsightedness (hyperopia), and astigmatism. The best LASIK eye specialists are in Lebanon PA at Eye Consultants of Pennsylvania.
Role of the LASIK Eye Specialist
The primary role of a LASIK eye specialist involves the following:
- Pre-operative evaluation: Our specialist assesses the patient’s eyes to determine whether the patient is a candidate for LASIK surgery. This evaluation typically includes a comprehensive eye exam, measurement of corneal thickness and curvature, pupil size, and tear film analysis.
- Patient counseling: Our specialist explains the LASIK procedure, its potential risks and benefits, and what the patient can expect during and after the surgery. Our team will also address any questions or concerns the patient may have.
- Customized treatment planning: Based on the pre-operative evaluation and the patient’s specific vision needs, our LASIK eye specialist develops a personalized treatment plan to achieve optimal results.
- Performing the surgery: During the LASIK procedure, our eye surgeon will use a femtosecond laser to create a thin flap in the cornea. The flap is then lifted, and the surgeon uses an excimer laser to reshape the underlying corneal tissue to correct your vision. The surgeon then repositions the corneal flap and it will naturally adhere to the eye and heal without the need for stitches.
- Post-operative care: After the surgery, our eye care team monitors the patient’s progress. We will prescribe medications and provide instructions on how to care for your eyes to ensure promote proper healing and reduce the risk of complications.
- Follow-up visits: Regular follow-up visits are essential to track your progress, and we will schedule the first follow-up one to two days after the surgery.
LASIK surgery has a high success rate and can significantly improve a patient’s vision. Many of our patients are happy to shed their glasses. Not everyone is a candidate for LASIK, but we will determine that during the initial consultation.
If you ask for surgeon recommendations, we are confident that many of your friends and family will refer you to an Eye Consultants of Pennsylvania surgeon. The same is true if you ask your family doctor or other medical specialist. Our surgeons are well known throughout Pennsylvania as the best eye care specialists, for LASIK and other eye conditions as well.
We encourage you to read our online reviews. We have many happy patients who have provided great testimonials. They will surely give you insight into our expertise and patient satisfaction. When you select a surgeon, checking credentials are so important. We are happy to answer your questions about experience, success rates and board certifications.
Once you select a surgeon, schedule your consultation with us. During these appointments, you can ask questions, discuss your concerns, and get a sense of the surgeon’s approach to the procedure.
The decision to have LASIK eye surgery is a significant and important one. You certainly want to choose a reputable and experienced specialist, and the best LASIK eye specialists in Lebanon PA are at Eye Consultants of Pennsylvania. Give us a call today to schedule an appointment. We can’t wait to see you.
Find a Doctor
Physician information including education, training, practice location and more.
Schedule an Appointment
Call 800-762-7132 or make an appointment online.