Cataract Treatment in Wyomissing, PA
Are you looking for the best cataract treatment in Wyomissing, PA? The specialists at Eye Consultants of Pennsylvania offer the latest advancements in cataract care and the highest levels of safety and comfort.
Our Cataract Team
The cataract surgeons at Eye Consultants of Pennsylvania are all board certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology and continually update their skills and knowledge to offer patients the latest advancements in eye care. You can expect the highest level of safety in our state-of-the-art surgical suites.
- Meet Adam J. Altman, MD
- Meet Y. Katherine Hu, MD
- Meet Christina Lippe, MD
- Meet Michael A. Malstrom, MD
- Meet Mehul H. Negarsheth, MD
- Meet Abhishek K. Nemani, MD
- Meet Jonathan D. Primack, MD
- Meet Kevin J. Shah, MD
Do You Have a Cataract?
Cataracts are not usually painful. At first, you may not even know you have one.
If you notice that colors are not as vibrant as they once were or that you have more trouble reading, watching TV, or doing work on the computer, you may have a cataract.
If you are experiencing blurred vision, greater sensitivity to light, halos and glare around lights (especially oncoming headlights), and are having a hard time driving at night, you may have a cataract.
No-Stitch Cataract Surgery
The only way to remove a cataract and restore your clear vision is through cataract surgery, during which the cloudy natural lens of the eye is removed and replaced with a clear artificial lens called an intraocular lens implant (IOL). Unlike a contact lens, it is placed permanently inside your eye. It cannot fall out, does not need to be cleaned, and you will not even notice that it’s there.
The advantages of the latest No Stitch Cataract Surgery technique we perform at Eye Consultants of Pennsylvania include:
- No injections: Instead of injecting anesthetic into the eye, our cataract specialists use anesthetic eye drops. This type of anesthesia allows patients to see well almost immediately following surgery. It is also preferable for patients who take blood thinners.
- No stitches: Today, most cataract surgeries are performed using ultrasound (high frequency sound waves) to soften the cloudy lens, remove it, and replace it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL). In most cases, no stitches are required because the incision is tiny and will seal itself. Without uncomfortable stitches to care for, there will be fewer post-surgery restrictions on your activities.
- No glasses: The latest artificial lens implant technologies enable many patients to see well without glasses up-close and at a distance. Although you may need glasses on occasion for the finest vision, patients who choose our newest Hi-Tech lenses are pleased to be free from the inconvenience of wearing glasses. You and your doctor will decide which lens is best for you.
When you need cataract treatment in Wyomissing, PA, the state-of-the art techniques we use at Eye Consultants of Pennsylvania are painless and precise. Get in touch with us today to schedule a cataract evaluation.
Voted Best of Berks—
six years in a row!
Find a Doctor
Physician information including education, training, practice location and more.
Schedule an Appointment
Call 800-762-7132 or make an appointment online.