Top Cataract Surgeons in Reading, PA
Voted Best of Berks—
eight years in a row!
If you are experiencing signs or symptoms of a cataract, the top cataract surgeons at Eye Consultants of Pennsylvania in the Reading, PA area are ready to provide outstanding care and help restore the clarity and crispness in your vision.
The Eye Consultants of Pennsylvania staff includes a nationally-recognized team of specialized ophthalmologists, ophthalmic surgeons and eye care professionals who have been trained by some of the most respected medical facilities in the world and have vast clinical experience in a wide variety of eye disease and surgical services.
All of our doctors are board certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology. They utilize the most advanced specialized instruments and equipment to analyze and optimize the outcome of every cataract procedure.
- Meet Adam J. Altman, MD
- Meet Y. Katherine Hu, MD
- Meet Christina Lippe, MD
- Meet Michael A. Malstrom, MD
- Meet Mehul H. Negarsheth, MD
- Meet Abhishek K. Nemani, MD
- Meet Jonathan D. Primack, MD
- Meet Kevin J. Shah, MD
We are the leading ophthalmology practice in the region, with five convenient locations in Wyomissing, Pottsville, Pottstown, Lebanon and Blandon. Patients can expect the highest level of safety for cataract surgery in our state-of-the-art surgical suites.
Do You Have a Cataract?
Cataracts are not usually painful and, at first, you may not even know you have one.
If you notice that colors are not as vibrant as they once were or that you have more trouble reading, watching TV, or doing work on the computer, you may have a cataract.
If you are experiencing blurred vision, greater sensitivity to light, halos and glare around lights (especially oncoming headlights), and are having a hard time driving at night, you may have a cataract.
No Stitch Cataract Surgery
Cataract surgery has been performed for many years using various different methods, but there have been many advancements in modern cataract surgery in just the last decade. The advantages of the latest No Stitch Cataract Surgery technique we perform at Eye Consultants of Pennsylvania include:
- No injections: Instead of injecting anesthetic into the eye, our cataract specialists use anesthetic eye drops. This type of anesthesia allows patients to see well almost immediately following surgery. It is also preferable for patients who take blood thinners.
- No stitches: Today, most cataract surgeries are performed using ultrasound (high frequency sound waves) to soften the cloudy lens, remove it, and replace it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL). In most cases, no stitches are required because the incision is tiny and will seal itself. Without uncomfortable stitches to care for, there will be fewer post-surgery restrictions on your activities.
- No glasses: The latest artificial lens implant technologies enable many patients to see well up-close and at a distance without glasses. Although you may still need glasses on occasion for the finest vision, patients who choose our newest Hi-Tech lenses are pleased to be free from the inconvenience of wearing glasses. You and your doctor will decide which lens is best for you.
If you are looking for the top cataract surgeons in Reading, PA, get in touch with Eye Consultants of Pennsylvania to learn about your many options. Our cataract specialists will examine your eyes, discuss the latest options in treatment and lens technology, and help you decide if it is the right time for surgery.
Find a Doctor
Physician information including education, training, practice location and more.
Schedule an Appointment
Call 800-762-7132 or make an appointment online.